Doctor By Phone
Consult A Doctor™
Consult A Doctor™ offers 24/7 access to its nationwide network of U.S. licensed doctors for phone and online video consultations. Doctors answer medical questions and give advice on non-emergency, routine medical issues. Doctors discuss symptoms, suggest treatment, diagnose many common issues, and prescribe medication when needed.
You can connect via phone or online video, free of charge, with our network of doctors for informational or diagnostic consultation.
Consult A Doctor’s services are available to you at home, work, or wherever you may be.
- On-demand healthcare – wherever and whenever you need, as often as you need
- Access to a doctor by phone or online video, 24/7
- Doctors discuss symptoms, suggest treatment, diagnose many common conditions, and prescribe medication when needed. Never wait for a doctor again!
- Save money by avoiding needless doctor’s office or ER visits
- Our network of doctors is U.S.-based, licensed, board-certified, and strictly credentialed and experienced
- Instant, affordable treatment for all ages
- Helpful online health tools that inspire members to lead healthier, more productive lives
- Prescriptions phoned into your local pharmacy for pickup
- HIPAA compliant and confidential
- Free Personal Health Record (PHR) – Store, manage, and share your medical records from one location
Consult A Doctor™ physicians do not prescribe controlled medications.
Consult A Doctor™ is not insurance.
Consult A Doctor™ does not replace your primary care physician.
Consult A Doctor™ operates subject to state regulation and may not be available in certain states.
Consult A Doctor™ FAQ
What is the Consult A Doctor™ Service?
24/7 access to a nationwide network of U.S. licensed doctors for phone and secure online videoconsultations. Doctors discuss symptoms, suggest treatment, diagnose many common conditions, and prescribe medication when appropriate.
What conditions can be treated on the phone with a doctor?
Consult A Doctor™ provides access to doctors for the treatment of non-emergency, short-term conditions involving routine primary care. Examples include cold and flu, respiratory and sinus infections, upset stomach, and many other ailments.
How do I request a consultation?
Log into your account at www.consultadoctor.com or call 800-DOC-CONSULT.
What types of services are offered?
Diagnostic: (Priority and By Appointment) Thorough medical consultation by phone, often resulting in diagnosis and specific treatment suggestions. Medication may be prescribed if appropriate. Priority calls occur within 3 hours.
Is there a minimum age requirement?
Yes. The primary member must be 18 years of age or older. A parent or guardian may conduct a consultation for an underage dependant as long as they are listed on the account.
Can I get the consultation information to my doctor?
Consult A Doctor™ gives its members a FREE Personal Health Record (PHR). You can get your record by accessing the personal health manager at www.consultadoctor.com or by calling member services at 800-362-3667.
When would I use Consult A Doctor™?:
- 24/7 access to doctors
- After-hours, on weekends and holidays, when your primary care physician is unavailable
- Need medical advice and care, without taking time off work
- Need prescription medication for a common illness or a refill while traveling